Q: How many miles do we float?
- A: Our float trip is a perfect 8.9 miles!
Q: How long are we on the water?
- A: A float will typically last 4 hours, depending on the speed that the guests paddle.
Q: Do you only float on Saturdays?
- A: We generally float exclusively on the Saturdays, but if your group needs a weekday float let us know and we will try to find a way to make it happen if possible. However, we require a minimum of 20 people to float on any day other than Saturdays. We will take reservations up to September 16, 2017.
Q: Can we bring our own kayaks or canoes?
- A: We do not recommend you bring your own but if you choose to - a high clearance 4x4 vehicle must be provided to transport your watercraft to and from the river. We will transport your vehicle to the takeout. You will only be allowed to pick up your boat after all our boats have been removed from the take out. There is a $50 charge.
Q: What is the environment like on the river on a typical weekend?
- A: It is an exciting and private experience in the Ozarks! Living Waters is surrounded by private property, so the only other people you will see are locals out fishing. You will find families, scout troops, church and youth groups having a wonderful family friendly time on the river.
Q: How far is it from where we camp to the put-in and take-out?
- A: Our takeout is at the Living Waters Campground, and it is a 40 minute ride to the put in, From Windermere it is a 45 minute ride to the put-in and 15 minutes from the take-out.
Q: What time does the bus leave?
- A: Depending on the weekend, we will have several bus runs. The first bus leaves can leave as early as 8:30 A.M. We do our best to accommodate the schedules of our guests. However, the volume of guests for the day may require multiple departure times. We will determine the departure times as soon as possible for your group.
Q: What is in a River Lunch?
- A: A River Lunch consists of a large deli sandwich (cheese, turkey and ham), a bag of chips, cookies/candy and a bottle of water.
Q: Do you provide coolers for the lunches?
- A: Lunches will be packed in coolers for each group to use. Coolers must be returned to a staff member at end of the canoe trip. Guests should bring their own coolers for additional drinks and snacks.
Q: Do you ice for sale?
- A: Yes, we have bags of ice for $2.00 in the trading post. Feel free to stop by for anything else you might need.
Q: I heard that scouts camp free for the second night is that true?
- A: Prior to 2016 we offered this to our scout groups but we no longer offer this. The price will be per night.
Q: What‘s this I hear about ice cream with Dutch Oven Cobbler for Venture Crews and Scouts?
- A: That’s right! If you make the cobbler, we’ll serve up the ice cream!